Aetna Weill Cornell Medicine PPO (WCM-PPO) Plan
Plan participants have greater access to the special network of world-class physicians, resources, and care at Weill Cornell Medicine
COVID-19 Updated benefits information: The Federal government has announced the COVID-19 Public Health Emergency (PHE) will end May 11, 2023. Please review changes to various special benefit provisions.
In addition to Aetna’s standard network of physicians, the Aetna Weill Cornell Medicine Preferred Provider Organization, or WCM-PPO, provides endowed plan participants with access to a special network, Weill Cornell Medicine faculty physicians. The premiums for the plan are higher than the Aetna CPHL and Aetna HDHP HSA plans, largely because health care delivery in New York City is more expensive than other parts of the country — but the quality of care is among the best in the world.
WCM-PPO coverage works though a tiered system. Members are strongly encouraged to confirm the coverage accepted by their physician in advance. Please review this high level summary for in and out of network services the WCM-PPO covers and compare services across all Endowed Health Plans.
Prescription drug coverage at retail and mail order is offered through OptumRx.
Tools & Resources
Find A Doctor
- WCM-PPO Physician Organization Referral Center (pdf)
- (646) 962-2000, Monday-Friday 9 am - 5 pm
- Weill Cornell Medicine "Find a Doctor" online database allows you to identify a PCP or Specialist within the first tier network of Weill Cornell clinical faculty. The Weill Cornell Physicians on faculty most participate but you should verify coverage in advance. “Find a Physician” is filterable by specialty, name, insurance and more.
- Aetna’s DocFind searches participating physicians in either the Weill Cornell Physician’s network or Aetna’s nationwide network. Provide key information such as name, specialty, zip code or city/state. Next, select “Weill Cornell Medicine PPO Plan” from the drop-down menu. Weill Cornell Physicians will display with a "P" in a blue circle icon and are noted as "Employer Preferred Network" for maximum savings. Aetna National Network providers will be noted as “In-Network” and shown as standard savings. Please call Weill Cornell Referral Center, 646-962-2000, to confirm.
Aetna WCM-PPO Medical Insurance Plan Details
- Endowed benefits-eligible* faculty and staff members can enroll in the Weill Cornell Medicine PPO plan.
*If you are uncertain of your eligibility status for this benefit, please contact your HR representative to review.
- The employee must qualify for and be actively enrolled in Cornell’s WCM-PPO plan for a spouse/domestic partner and child(ren) to be enrolled.
- Children are eligible for coverage through December 31 of the year they turn age 26.
- Children may be eligible to continue coverage beyond 26 years old. Both below “Request for Continuation of Coverage for Disabled Child” forms must be completed and returned to Aetna prior to the child turning age 26.
The above eligibility is a high-level summary. Please review the Weill Cornell Medicine PPO Benefit Plan Booklet for details on who is eligible for coverage.
|Type of Coverage||Hourly (Nonexempt)||Salary (Exempt)|
|Individual + child(ren)||$212.75||$230.48|
|Individual + Spouse/Domestic Partner||$236.98||$256.73|
|Individual + Spouse/Domestic Partner + child(ren)||$314.03||$340.20|
|Individual + Spouse/Domestic working at Cornell (dual eligibility) + child(ren)||$222.07||$240.58|
|Type of Coverage||In-network||Out-of-network|
- Aetna Claim Form (pdf)
- Weill Cornell Medicine PPO Enrollment Form (pdf)
- Domestic Partner FAQ – Endowed
- Weill Cornell Medicine PPO Summary Plan Description (SPD)
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage 2023 (SBC) (pdf): A standardized overview of what the CPHL plan covers, per government regulations
- Summary of Benefits and Coverage 2024 (SBC) (pdf): A standardized overview of what the CPHL plan covers, per government regulations
While every attempt has been made to ensure the accuracy of this Summary, in the event of any discrepancy the Summary Plan Description and Plan Document will prevail.