In addition to the Career Management Toolkit, the resources below are available for you to create a plan and make the most of your career at any stage.
Develop a focus so you can plan specific steps on your career path.
- Skills for Success and Leadership Skills for Success identify key skills that Cornell employees are expected to demonstrate. These skills are evaluated as part of the performance management process.
- Staffing Structure describes how job families and competencies are organized at Cornell; useful for getting the most from the Career Navigator tool.
- Career Navigator: use this powerful tool to explore the job structure and career tracks at Cornell (note: available jobs are not listed in the Career Navigator) .
Collaborate With Your People Leader:
A conversation with your people leader can give your efforts a jump start.
- Individual Talent Profile: A tool for staff members and people leaders to use to mutually create yearly plans, aligning the goals of the Individual Development Plan (IDP) with the goals of the department, unit, and university.
- Performance Management Process (PMP): an ongoing, year-round university process that focuses on staff development, performance, and recognition.
- Gig Opportunities: Short-term experiences or projects and more that can give you hands-on experience in another area of the university, and help share and build skills and connections.
- Talent Management Matrix: A tool to assess your readiness and potential for career development.
Not sure where to start or have very specific questions? Reach out to us at Career Development Services for a career consultation. Our consultants are here to share expertise and resources -- here are some of the things we can help you with:
- Figure out how to get started with any stage of your career development journey.
- Understand the resources and tools better and develop strategies to move forward.
- Resume Review: An effective resume is an essential tool no matter what your career goals are. Learn how you can use your resume to highlight what’s unique about you and to present evidence of your transferrable skills.
- Interviewing Skills: Practice, practice, practice! Good preparation for an interview is absolutely key and can get you one step closer to landing your next big opportunity.
- Career Management Toolkit: an innovative 3-step toolkit to help you plan and manage your individual career development.