Skip to main content

Union Contracts

Building Trades Council (BTC)

The contract that Cornell has with the BTC covers employees who work in the building trades such as carpenters, electricians, painters, masons, plumbers, sheet metal workers and laborers. These employees work in Facilities and Campus Services.

Communication Workers of America (CWA)

The contract that Cornell has with the CWA covers administrative assistants and staff support employees in the NYS College of Industrial and Labor Relations New York City Conference Center, Extension Division.

Cornell Police Union (CPU)

The contract that Cornell has with the CPU covers employees in the Cornell Police Department who are patrol officers and telecommunicators.

International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE)

The contract that Cornell has with the IUOE covers employees in the department of Utilities who operate and maintain the Central Heating Plant, Chilled Water Plant and Water Filtration Plant.


The contract that Cornell has with the Teamsters covers all regular full-time and regular part-time Emergency Services Representatives and Fire Protection Testers employed by the University at its Ithaca, New York campus.

United Auto Workers (UAW)

The contract that Cornell has with the UAW covers employees in service and maintenance occupations such as custodial, food service, maintenance mechanics, bus drivers, material handlers, animal attendants, groundsworkers and field assistants. These employees work in a variety of departments across the University.

Security, Police and Fire Professional of America (SPFPA)

The contract Cornell has with the SPFPA covers Transportation Service Representatives in Transportation Services who enforce parking and traffic regulations and policies.