Balancing work and personal issues can be challenging. The university offers free, confidential counseling services, regardless of whether you have medical coverage through Cornell.
FOR IMMEDIATE HELP:
If you are experiencing a medical emergency, call 911.
If you or a loved one are thinking about suicide, call 988: Suicide & Crisis Lifeline, available 24/7. Please visit 988lifeline.org/talk-to-someone-now/ for additional directory information.
eni Confidential Counseling Services
eni Confidential Counseling Services provides services to Cornell faculty, staff and family members at no cost for up to three visits. The program is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for any issues, regardless of whether you have medical coverage.
Licensed mental health professionals provide counseling in person or over the phone for various work and life stressors related to marital, family, substance abuse, depression, stress, grief, health, and more. Your confidential counselor will ask a series of questions, including your name and identification, and perform a structured assessment of your situation to determine the best level of care.
You may be able to resolve your issue during this phone call or be referred to a counselor in your area. eni locates the most appropriate counselor for your needs and comfort level in coordination with your medical coverage plan.
To reach a Confidential Counselor 24/7, call the toll-free number: 1(800) 327-2255.
Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP)
FSAP's professional staff offers free and confidential guidance and support to benefits-eligible employees and their partners to address issues that may be affecting their personal lives and/or job satisfaction or performance.
Urgent phone consultation available evenings and weekends by calling 607 255-2673 (5-COPE).
Faculty and Staff Assistance Program
Health Insurance Plans
In addition to in-person counseling, you can access telehealth programs via telephone or virtual visits for yourself and your dependents.
Aetna currently covers services at 100% (in-network) related to outpatient Behavioral & Mental Health Telehealth programs*. Please note that normal co-payments apply for Telehealth services other than Behavioral Health, including in-person counseling.
- Telehealth: Contact your current medical or mental health provider to see if telephonic or virtual services would be an option for you or login into your member account at www.aetna.com - Find Care and Pricing > Search Mental Health to find an Aetna telehealth provider.
- To find a mental or behavioral provider: Login into your member account at www.aetna.com - Find Care and Pricing > Search Mental Health to see a list of providers, or call the Aetna dedicated behavioral health line at 800-424-4047 (TTY: 711) for help finding providers, confirming availability, confirming in-person or teletherapy services, etc.
- For Teladoc* Behavioral Health (nationwide): Aetna’s board-certified doctors virtually diagnose, treat and prescribe Rx for non-emergency conditions via telephone, web interface or mobile app. Members must first pre-register at Teladoc.com/aetna-therapy or call 855-835-2362 to schedule a video consultation with a psychiatrist, psychologist, or licensed counselor. These providers may not be local and may be for short- or long-term counseling. Must be age 18+.
*Deductible and coinsurance apply for Teladoc and Aetna High Deductible Health Plan with the HSA for all Telehealth services received.
The Empire Plan Mental Health and Substance Use Program, administered by Carelon (formally Beacon Health), provides coverage for medically necessary inpatient and outpatient care through a network of participating providers; medically necessary non-network services are also covered. To ensure you receive the highest level of benefits before you seek mental health or substance use care, you should call Carelon at (877)-769-7447, Option #3 for the Mental Health and Substance Abuse program, then Option 3 for enrollee, and Option 3 again for the Clinical Referral Line. This service is confidential and available to you 24 hours a day, every day of the year. For more information, please visit Carelon/Empireplan.
- TalkSpace by Carelon: Talkspace provides online therapy with a licensed provider via private message and live video. You and your covered dependents can now access Talkspace through your behavioral health benefits with the Empire Plan, managed by Carelon. Engaging with a Talkspace provider is subject to the same co-pay that would apply to an in-person visit. To get started, you must register to confirm benefit availability, complete the QuickMatch process, select a provider and make your payment Empire Plan - Talkspace.
- LiveHealth Online: Empire offers LiveHealth to allow you to access care on your smartphone, tablet, or personal computer with a board-certified doctor or licensed therapist. A $25 copay applies for in-network providers. If using out-of-network providers, reimbursement is 80% of reasonable and customary charges after deductible. To register for LiveHealth, go to LiveHealth Online to access and enter your Empire Plan identification number and name exactly as they appear on your identification card.
HMO BLUE Mental Health and Substance Use Program offers coverage with Wellframe, which can be accessed through HMOBlue member Log in to text securely and privately with a Behavioral Health Care Manager and collaborate to develop personalized health management plans and manage conditions. To ensure you receive the highest level of benefits before you seek mental health or substance use care, you should call HMO Blues Care Management Team at 800-277-2198. In addition, you can contact a nurse by phone anytime – 24 hours a day, seven days a week at 800-348-9786. More information is available at Manage Your Health Excellus BlueCross BlueShield under the Mental Health, Behavioral Health & Substance Use tab.
- MDLive: HMO-Blue CNY participants can access care to MDLive for some behavioral health conditions on a smartphone, tablet, or personal computer with a board-certified doctor or licensed therapist. A $25 copay applies for in-network providers. Instructions on registering and scheduling a visit can be found at MDLive.
MVP Mental Health and Substance Use Program offers Gia. GIA expertly assesses your Behavioral Health needs and quickly refers you to the proper care. To ensure you receive the highest level of benefits before you seek mental health or substance use care, you should call MVP at 888-687-6277. This service is confidential and available to you 24 hours a day, every day of the year. For more information, please visit Behavioral Health - MVP Health Care.
- MyVisitNow: MVP offers myVisitNow to allow you to access care on your smartphone, tablet, or personal computer, using in-network providers with a board-certified doctor or licensed therapist. A $25 copay applies for in-network providers. To register, log in at MVP Health Care, and choose My Account.