Cornell provides eligible employees with generous time away from work options, including paid vacation and health and personal leaves.
- Generous time-off benefits, including a paid winter break
- Leave to care for loved ones or for your own medical condition
Time away from work must be approved and recorded in a manner that protects the interests of both the institution and its employees. Other policies may apply for academic and bargaining unit staff; contact your HR representative for more details.
Sick leave, health and personal time are combined into one leave bank, called Health and Personal Leave.
Time Away Policy
Time Away from Work Policy (Excluding Academic and Bargaining Unit Staff): This policy addresses funeral leave, jury duty/court appearance, voting time, emergency medical technician, volunteer firefighter, emergency responder, holidays, as well as the following:
- Health and Personal Leave
- Blood Donation Leave
- Family Leaves for Staff
- Lactation Time Away from Work
- Medical Leaves for Staff
- Military Leave Amendment
- Leaves for Professors and Academic Staff