Understand Your Benefits
Working at Cornell comes with rich benefits.
Cornell understands that different individuals have different needs and concerns regarding salary, benefits, and rewards. That's why we’ve created a comprehensive and flexible program to meet your needs.
Cornell takes pride in our people and our total rewards. Check out the top reasons Cornell University is an award-winning employer of choice.
Total Rewards Add Up!
- Generous time-off benefits, including a paid winter break
- Leave to care for loved ones or for your own medical condition
- Affordable cost-sharing: Cornell pays for approximately 90% of the cost of individual plan premiums and 75% of family plan premiums
- Comprehensive health, prescription, dental, vision, and mental health benefits to suit your personal needs
- Access to a variety of fertility and family planning benefits
- Cost-free counseling through both an internal and an external employee assistance program
- In many Cornell retirement plans, you control the investments for your future with free professional consultations.
- Endowed employees: Cornell contributes 10% of your annual pay into retirement savings
- Contract College employees: Choose between the NYS ERS pension plan or the SUNY Optional Retirement Program, where Cornell matches 8-10% of salary with the required contribution by an individual
- Up to $74,000/year in taxable free tuition toward a degree at Cornell through the Employee Degree Program
- Financial aid for coursework at Cornell or elsewhere while you work
- Online courses and certificates through eCornell for just $100/course
- Flexible work arrangements incorporating scheduling, remote, hybrid, and other options (as appropriate to the job)
- Free individual fitness, nutritional, and general health consultations, plus free wellness programs
- Workplace accommodations for disabilities and other temporary and permanent needs
- Access to Cornell's six campus fitness facilities for a nominal fee
- Mentoring, coaching, and hands-on learning programs and opportunities
- Professional development workshops and skills training
- Free, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Skillsoft, as well as eCornell on-demand courses
- A caring, friendly on-campus and local community
- Colleague Network Groups for men & women of color, LGBTQ+, disabilities, veterans, and young professional
- Ongoing employee events, activities, and appreciation throughout the year, plus employee support groups
- Numerous volunteer opportunities, including employee assembly and committees
- Onsite childcare and lactation/breastfeeding support
- Grants for childcare (up to $5,000/year based on income) and adoption assistance (up to $5,000/adoption)
- Children's tuition scholarship: 50% of tuition/admin fees at Cornell or 30% at other universities for children of Cornell employees (waiting period may apply)
- Free TCAT bus service and free parking lot (A-Lot)
- Library borrowing privileges, including free audiobooks and streaming video services
- Discounted meals at on-campus dining facilities
- Discounted pet care at the world-class Cornell University Hospital for Animals
- Corporate discounts including cell phone service, car rentals, and other personal purchases
- Free basic life insurance coverage provided by Cornell; ability to purchase additional coverage for self, spouse, or children
- Discounted rates for optional insurance coverage including personal accident, house, auto, pet, and legal
- Over 150 years of institutional stability, providing employment through wars, recessions, pandemics, and more