Understand Your Benefits
Working at Cornell comes with rich benefits.
Cornell understands that different individuals have different needs and concerns regarding salary, benefits, and rewards. That's why we’ve created a comprehensive and flexible program to meet your needs.
Cornell takes pride in our people and our total rewards. Check out the top reasons Cornell University is an award-winning employer of choice.
Endowed Benefits Overview Booklet 2022
Contract College Benefits Overview Booklet 2022
Total Rewards Add Up!
- Generous time-off benefits, including a paid winter break
- Leave to care for loved ones or for your own medical condition
High-quality healthcare plans
- Affordable cost-sharing: Cornell pays for approximately 90% of the cost of individual plan premiums and 75% of family plan premiums
- Comprehensive health, prescription, dental, vision, and mental health benefits to suit your personal needs
- Access to a variety of fertility and family planning benefits
- Cost-free counseling through both an internal and an external employee assistance program
- In many Cornell retirement plans, you control the investments for your future with free professional consultations.
- Endowed employees: Cornell contributes 10% of your annual pay into retirement savings
- Contract College employees: Choose between the NYS ERS pension plan or the SUNY Optional Retirement Program, where Cornell matches 8-10% of salary with the required contribution by an individual
- Up to $74,000/year in taxable free tuition toward a degree at Cornell through the Employee Degree Program
- Financial aid for coursework at Cornell or elsewhere while you work
- Online courses and certificates through eCornell for just $100/course
Well-being and flexibility
- Flexible work arrangements incorporating scheduling, remote, hybrid, and other options (as appropriate to the job)
- Free individual fitness, nutritional, and general health consultations, plus free wellness programs
- Workplace accommodations for disabilities and other temporary and permanent needs
- Access to Cornell's six campus fitness facilities for a nominal fee
- Mentoring, coaching, and hands-on learning programs and opportunities
- Professional development workshops and skills training
- Free, unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning and Skillsoft, as well as eCornell on-demand courses
- A caring, friendly on-campus and local community
- Colleague Network Groups for men & women of color, LGBTQ+, disabilities, veterans, and young professional
- Ongoing employee events, activities, and appreciation throughout the year, plus employee support groups
- Numerous volunteer opportunities, including employee assembly and committees
- Onsite childcare and lactation/breastfeeding support
- Grants for childcare (up to $5,000/year based on income) and adoption assistance (up to $5,000/adoption)
- Children's tuition scholarship: 50% of tuition/admin fees at Cornell or 30% at other universities for children of Cornell employees (waiting period may apply)
- Free TCAT bus service and free parking lot (A-Lot)
- Library borrowing privileges, including free audiobooks and streaming video services
- Discounted meals at on-campus dining facilities
- Discounted pet care at the world-class Cornell University Hospital for Animals
- Corporate discounts including cell phone service, car rentals, and other personal purchases
- Free basic life insurance coverage provided by Cornell; ability to purchase additional coverage for self, spouse, or children
- Discounted rates for optional insurance coverage including personal accident, house, auto, pet, and legal
- Over 150 years of institutional stability, providing employment through wars, recessions, pandemics, and more
This list is only the beginning - many other benefits and perks are available to Cornell employees! Please note that eligibility for some of the benefits described here may depend on the type of job you hold and location.