Free parenting workshops available to Cornell faculty, staff, postdocs, and students.
Preparing for Baby Series
The Preparing for Baby Series for Spring 2023 is currently in progress. Please contact Ruth Merle-Doyle with questions or for more information.
Being pregnant and becoming a parent often feels like navigating 100 different options and even more opinions! There are so many changes your body goes through and lots of new information to learn in a short period of time. This class helps cut through the extra (and unnecessary) noise. The Preparing for Baby series will help you sort through much of the information available for new parents and guide you in making the best decisions for your family. All Cornellians (faculty, staff, postdocs, and students) and their partners/support persons are welcome to attend, free of charge.
Spring 2023 Schedule
5:30 - 7:30 pm
- February 22, 2023 - Welcome, Introduction, Work/Life, Wellbeing & Cornell Resources
- March 1, 2023 - Healthy Pregnancy and Birth Choices with Kate Dimpfl
- March 8, 2023 - The Labor Process and Birth Planning with Kate Dimpfl
- March 15, 2023 - Beyond the Birth Day: Immediate Postpartum with Kate Dimpfl
- March 22, 2023 - Postpartum Relationships and Changes with Jess Evett
- March 29, 2023 - Health Insurance and Other Benefits with Lizzie Goggs and Breastfeeding Basics with Jeanette McCulloch
- April 5, 2023 - Lactation and Returning to Work with Ruth Merle-Doyle and Pumping with Success with Jeanette McCulloch
Additional events and activities for parents: