Workday Recruiting for Student Jobs & Training Schedule
Workday will now be used to post student jobs, review Federal Work Study (FWS) and track candidates applying for student employment jobs.
Why the change?
- FWS Compliance: Workday offers standardized job postings and applicant tracking aligning with federal regulations
- Utilization of FWS Funds: Streamlined reporting on FWS use - maximizing the benefit to students and departments
- Single Repository: One central location easily accessible for audit/compliance needs
When is it live?
These features are currently enabled in Workday and colleges/units are adopting them based on their local needs. Gradually over the next few months, the transition will continue so that all student employment postings are managed in Workday with a target start date beginning next fiscal year.
Who should register for training?
Anyone who manages recruiting (post jobs, review and track candidate applications) for student jobs should register for one (1.5 hour virtual) training session.
Training Schedule May-June-July 2023
Once you register for the training, you'll receive a calendar invite that will include the Zoom link.
June and July Sessions:
- Friday, June 2nd - 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Tuesday, June 6th- 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Friday, June 9th- 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Tuesday, June 13th - 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Friday, June 16th- 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Tuesday, June 20th - 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Friday, June 23rd- 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Tuesday, June 27th- 9:30 to 11:00 am
- Friday, July 7th - 9:30 to 11:00 am
Helpful Reference Materials for Student Recruiting:
- Create Job Requisition
- Create Job Requisition (Video)
- Manage Candidate (Video)
- Student - Job Application (Video)
- Workday Student Recruiting FAQs
Please feel free to reach out to Catherine Butterfield (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the Office of Financial Aid and Student Employment (FASE) or Bini Thomas (email@example.com) and Amy Parmley (firstname.lastname@example.org) on the Workday Team.