THURSDAY, APRIL 25, 2019
As part of the nationwide program, each year hundreds of children of Cornell staff and faculty are treated to a day filled with activities that spotlight the amazing work done at the university.
Read about last year's event.
REGISTRATION CLOSED AS OF THURSDAY, APRIL 11, 2019.
Don't worry - if you missed registration, check this list of fun Alternative Activities available for you and your children to enjoy all day!
► Please be sure to talk with your child about what he or she wants to do BEFORE registration opens on March 29th. Have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choices ready for each of the different time slots. Some of our learning opportunities are very popular and close within minutes of the 9 am opening time. (The printed registration page is helpful for collecting this information.)
► Very often parents are waiting online for the registration page to go live at 9 am. Please note that you may have to refresh the page before being able to see and interact with the registration system.
► If you are registering more than one child this process has been improved online this year. You will be able to go to the registration website and enter all of your children and then select their sessions.
► IF YOU WILL NOT HAVE INTERNET ACCESS DURING THE MORNING OF MARCH 29 YOU MAY FILL OUT A PAPER REGISTRATION FORM
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times during all programs.
- Children may not ride in Cornell owned vehicles. Please take advantage of TCAT buses (accompanied by adult with CU ID) or your own personal cars, but remember that parking may be difficult.
- Food is available with a pancake breakfast deal for $4.50 per person at Trillium. YOU MUST PICK UP A COUPON WHEN YOU PICK OP YOUR BACK PACK.
- Cornell Dining is also offering a kids eat free with a paying adult at their all you care to eat dining venues. YOU MUST PICK UP A COUPON WHEN YOU PICK OP YOUR BACK PACK.
- North Campus – North Star Dining in Appel Commons, 10:30 – 2 pm
- Risley Dining, 11 – 2 pm
- Central Campus – Okenshields in Willard Straight Hall, 11 am- 2:30 pm
- West Campus – Becker House, Jansen’s in Hans Bethe House, 10:30 am – 2 pm
- Participants will be engaged in many hands-on activities and walking from building to building throughout the day. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes in order to best enjoy this event.
- Please let Cheryl McGraw (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have questions or concerns about accessibility or special needs.
|9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
|11:00 a.m. - 12 noon
|12 noon – 1:30 p.m.
||Lunch (on your own)
|1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Your individual sessions as well as their locations are listed on your personalized schedule which you will receive at check-in (please see below).
The Cornell Human Resources Department is excited to offer each child a special Bring a Child to Work Day drawstring backpack filled with all the things you will need for the day. Please pick up your child’s bag and personalized schedule at one of the following locations:
Monday, April 22, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm – 163 Day Hall
Tuesday, April 23, 12 to 1 pm – 163 Day Hall
Wednesday, April 24, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm – 163 Day Hall
If none of these dates or times work for you please contact email@example.com to schedule an alternate pick-up.
Volunteers needed! Individuals who wish to volunteer to help out with this event need the permission of their supervisors to be released from their regular duties. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (607) 255-7565 or send an email to Cheryl McGraw at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Participants will be engaged in many hands-on activities and walking from building to building throughout the day. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes in order to best enjoy this event!
Print as PDF