Save the date for this popular family event! THURSDAY, APRIL 25, 2019
As part of the nationwide program, each year hundreds of children of Cornell staff and faculty are treated to a day filled with activities that spotlight the amazing work done at the university. Read about last year's event.
HOST AN ACTIVITY SESSION!
Does your group or department do work that might engage or excite children between the ages of 8-16? Take a peek at last year's sessions below for ideas, and contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in hosting an activity session.
- Please be sure to talk with your child about what he or she wants to do BEFORE registration opens on March 29th. Have 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, choices ready for each of the different time slots. Some of our learning opportunities are very popular and close within minutes of the 9 am opening time. (The printed registration page is helpful for collecting this information.)
- Very often parents are waiting online for the registration page to go live at 9 am. Please note that you may have to refresh the page before being able to see and interact with the registration system when it opens.
- If you are registering more than one child with only one adult we may be able to assist you. If you have not already submitted the multiple child registration form please send a brief email to email@example.com with your name, children’s names and ages, plus several options of sessions they may like to attend. With that information we can go online when the registration system opens to assist you in getting sessions for multiple children at one time. Please note: 1st, 2nd and 3rd choices must be listed to assure that your children get into a session.
DOWNLOAD THE MULTIPLE CHILD REGISTRATION FORM
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR PARENTS/GUARDIANS
- Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times during all programs.
- Please let Cheryl McGraw (firstname.lastname@example.org) know if you have questions or concerns about accessibility or special needs.
- Children may not ride in Cornell owned vehicles. Please take advantage of TCAT buses (accompanied by adult with CU ID) or your own personal cars, but remember that parking may be difficult.
- Food is available with a pancake breakfast deal for $4.50 per person at Trillium. Cornell Dining is also offering a kids eat free with a paying adult at their all you care to eat dining venues.
- North Campus – North Star Dining in Appel Commons, Risley Dining
- Central Campus – Okenshields in Willard Straight Hall
- West Campus – Becker House, Jansen’s in Hans Bethe House
- Participants will be engaged in many hands-on activities and walking from building to building throughout the day. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes in order to best enjoy this event.
|9:30 - 10:30 a.m.
|11:00 a.m. - 12 noon
|12 noon – 1:30 p.m.
||Lunch (on your own)
|1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
Your individual sessions as well as their locations are listed on your personalized schedule which you will receive at check-in (please see below).
The Cornell Human Resources Department is excited to offer each child a special Bring a Child to Work Day drawstring backpack filled with all the things you will need for the day. Please pick up your child’s bag and personalized schedule at one of the following locations:
Monday, April 22, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm – 163 Day Hall
Tuesday, April 23, 12 to 1 pm – 163 Day Hall
Wednesday, April 24, 11:30 am to 1:30 pm – 163 Day Hall
If none of these dates or times work for you please contact email@example.com to schedule an alternate pick-up.
Volunteers needed! Individuals who wish to volunteer to help out with this event need the permission of their supervisors to be released from their regular duties. If you would like to volunteer, please contact the Office of Human Resources at (607) 255-7565 or send an email to Cheryl McGraw at firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Participants will be engaged in many hands-on activities and walking from building to building throughout the day. Wear comfortable clothing and shoes in order to best enjoy this event!
Print as PDF