Cornell University’s Child Care Grant provides financial assistance by reimbursing you for child care expenses, including infant and toddler child care, pre-school/pre-K programs, care on school holidays, school-age summer day camps/programs, and school-age before/after school care, provided those expenses allow you and your spouse or partner (if applicable) to work or to seek work. By providing you with this fully-funded Grant, Cornell hopes to allow you to explore options and find creative solutions to some of the child care challenges you face.
Apply for Child Care Grant
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 4:30 pm EDT, Friday, October 15, 2021
Important Updates for 2022
For 2022, Child Care Grant award determinations will continue to be flat dollar amount awards, based on household income and age(s) of child(ren). We will still collect your estimated costs of care/expenses, but we understand that it may be harder for you to estimate your child care expenses for 2022 and/or needs may be uncertain or change over time. We ask that you be as accurate as possible with the information you provide.
Similar to previous full-year Award processing, there will be a three-week window to submit an application. Awards should be granted and received by the first week of November, allowing you time to also enroll in a Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (FSA) during Open Enrollment, which will occur November 1 - 24, 2021.
The 2022 awards will be available for child care expenses you have from January 1, 2022 - December 31, 2022.
Expected Timeline for 2022 Child Care Grant Awards
- Application period opens: Friday, September 24
- Application period ends: Friday, October 15, 4:30 pm EDT
- Application review: Monday, October 18 - Friday, October 29 (outreach with questions, award calculations/determinations)
- Award notifications to applicants: week of November 1st
- Endowed Open Enrollment: November 1 - 24. If your grant award is not sufficient for your expenses, you may wish to enroll in a 2022 Flexible Spending Account for Dependent Care, to set aside your own pre-tax contributions in addition to the grant award)
Please understand that our office continues to be overwhelmed with calls and emails related to Open Enrollment, benefits inquiries, new hire processing, return to campus efforts, COVID testing, etc. We ask for your patience as responses to calls and emails may take up to 24-72 hours, and we respond in the order in which correspondence is received. We encourage you to read the FAQs , and if you still have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org (emails are preferred over phone calls).
Print as PDF