How To Request a Religious Accommodation
What to do if you need to take time away from work or request other accommodations due to religious belief.
What To Know
- Religious accommodation is the process in which employees and supervisors make a good faith effort to provide a reasonable accommodation of an individual’s sincerely held religious belief.
- Religious accommodations may include, but are not limited to, providing an employee leave for religious observances, providing a time and/or place to pray, and/or providing flexibility to wear religious attire.
- More information:
What To Do
Contact your manager or department chair
If possible, provide at least 30 days notice in advance of an event to discuss your request.
Submit a request for religious accommodation form to your manager or department chair.
What Happens Next
- You may be asked to provide documentation related to the tenets of the religious practice or belief that supports the request.
- Your manager or department chair will consult with HR and inform you of a decision.
- If you have questions about the process or would like other guidance, contact
- your HR Representative
- Office of Institutional Equity and Title IX: 607-255-2242 or email@example.com