Give to the Employee Emergency CARE Fund
Help us to help Cornell employees in need.
What To Know
About the CARE Fund
The Employee Emergency CARE Fund offers financial assistance to faculty and staff who have experienced a non-recurring sudden or emergency-related financial hardship due to an unforeseen or unavoidable event. It is funded almost entirely thanks to the generous donations of faculty and staff.
- Learn more about the Cornell Employee Emergency CARE Fund
Ways to Give
How Payroll Deduction Works
- How it works: Sign up to have $2, $5, $25, or even $100 automatically debited from your paycheck each pay period to benefit the Employee Emergency CARE fund. Donations are deducted after tax.
- One-time gift: You can also make a one-time gift via payroll deduction.
- Change or stop: If you need to change or stop your payroll deduction, fill out the Payroll Deduction Authorization Form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Write A Check
Giving Via Check
- Make checks payable to: Cornell University, and in the notes section, write CARE Fund.
- Mail your check to: Employee Emergency CARE Fund, Cornell Work/Life, 395 Pine Tree Road, Suite 230, Ithaca, NY 14850.
Cornell Appreciation Portal Points
It's so easy!
Have you received Cornell Awardco Appreciation Portal points? You now have the option to “pay it forward” by making a gift to the CARE Fund with some, or all, of your points!
Log into the portal, click “Spend Points,” and select “Emergency CARE Fund.”
PayPal or Venmo
To donate, please enter donation amount below, and then select payment type
If you select the Paypal option, please note that a 2.9% fee and a 0.30 cent per transaction fee will be subtracted from your donation before it is distributed to the Employee Emergency CARE Fund.
Please note: donations to CARE Fund are not tax deductible. The Employee Emergency CARE Fund provides support more broadly than allowed by the IRS definition of a workplace relief fund, especially to victims of domestic violence, and thus gifts to the fund are not tax deductible.
Other Ways To Help
Honor a retiring colleague
Cornell employees who wish to forego a retirement gift and/or party may request their department make a donation to the Employee Emergency CARE Fund in their name. To arrange a departmental transfer, email email@example.com.
Recycle your cans & bottles
Recycle your cans and bottles at bins around campus or participating redemption centers - just let them know you'd like your refund to go to the Cornell Employee Emergency CARE Fund!
- IthaCan & Bottle Return, 614 Elmira Road, Ithaca | M-F 10am-5pm; Sat 9am-4pm, closed Sunday
- Lansing Bottle & Can Redemption Center, 3106 N. Triphammer Road, Lansing | M-f 10am-5pm, Sat 10am-4pm, closed Sunday
- East Hill Office Building, 395 Pine Tree Rd., Ithaca
- Seneca Place, 130 East Seneca St., Ithaca
- Thurston Court Apartments, 223 Thurston Ave., Ithaca