Who works at Cornell?
Meet some of the awesome staff members who make working at Cornell so great!
Life at Cornell comes with rich benefits.
Cornell takes pride in offering generous benefits to support and enhance your health, wealth and wellness. Here’s a quick overview of the kind of total rewards that have made us an award-winning employer of choice.
Please note that eligibility for the benefits described here depends on the type of job you hold. Visit the Benefits & Pay section to learn more.
Cornell offers a variety of high-quality health insurance plans to suit individual needs and preferences. Choose among options that feature comprehensive preventive and specialist care and flexibility to support the health of yourself and your family.
Earn a Cornell degree while you work, or take classes that enrich your career skills. We proudly offer generous education benefits for lifelong learning, as well as opportunities that support the education of future generations.
- Employee Degree Program – Covers full tuition for employees to pursue a Cornell University undergraduate or graduate degree related to their current job or Cornell career. Or take classes at Cornell and elsewhere through the Tuition Assistance Program.
- Training and Leadership Courses – Learn in the classroom or online. You’ll have access to free online training libraries like Lynda.com, and a variety of instructor-led courses on everything from leadership to time management.
- Cornell Children’s Tuition Scholarship – Children of employees are provided a partial scholarship at Cornell or other accredited institutions.
- New York’s 529 College Savings Program– A flexible and federally tax-deferred way to save money for your child, grandchild, friend or even yourself.
The best way to predict your future is to create it. Cornell benefits offer retirement plans, so you’ll have the resources you need to plan and achieve your financial goals.
- Retirement Plans– Depending on the job you hold, you’ll either be eligible for a 403(b) College and University Retirement plan or New York State retirement. Employees may also contribute to a tax-differed annuity plan to increase retirement savings.
- Disability and Leaves– Short- and Long-Term Disability plans provide income benefits for eligible Cornell employees unable to work due to illness, or injury not related to their job.
- Life Insurance – In addition to the Group Universal plan, Cornell provides basic coverage equal to one-half your budgeted annual salary, up to a maximum of $50,000 coverage.
For many of us, our work is an integral part of our life. Cornell benefits and programs help you balance a meaningful career with a high quality of life.
- Generous time off – Look forward to competitive time off including holidays, vacation, health and personal leave, and parental leave.
- Flexible work options – Many of our employees have alternative work schedules, remote work arrangements or compressed work weeks that meet both personal and departmental needs.
- Cornell University Wellness Program – provides employees and their spouses/partners free fitness, nutrition, and wellbeing consultations. A Recreation Membership provides access to all five on-campus fitness centers, group fitness, recreation equipment, and two pools.
- Faculty and Staff Assistance Program – Free, confidential, 24/7 support for eligible employees and their families offering personal and professional guidance on anything from relationships to job satisfaction.
- Support for You and Your Family – Cornell offers an exceptionally inclusive working environment with programs and resources dedicated to meeting the needs of a diverse workforce, including people of color, LGBT, disabilities, and veterans, as well as parents, caregivers, and networking opportunities.
The information on this website offers only a brief overview of the benefit plans available to Cornell University employees. A description of the benefit provisions, conditions and limitations is provided to employees in the Benefits Summary document available at https://hr.cornell.edu/benefits-pay/benefits-enrollment/benefits-reports-notices. Plans having these programs and features also have exclusions, limitations, reductions of benefits, and terms under which the plans and policies may be continued or discontinued. In the event of a conflict between this website and the plan documents or policies, the plan documents or policies will govern.
Print as PDF