Human Resources supports Cornell's staff and faculty by providing benefits, training, recognition, and career growth opportunities, as well as resources for well-being, families, inclusion, and community-building.
Human Resources at Cornell
Human Resources has a central division with departments for benefits administration, employee communications, compensation services, HR analytics, HR information systems, inclusion and belonging, institutional equity and Title IX, workforce policy and labor relations, talent management, workforce recruitment and retention, and employee work/ife. Additionally, colleges and units have their own HR offices.
Types of Jobs
Jobs in HR include roles such as benefits generalists and specialists who interact directly with employees, as well as specialists in recruitment, training, DEI, compensation, work life, communications, and labor relations. There are many opportunities to move into supervisory positions.
Learn more about specific IT roles at Cornell and the types of skills and experience required in our Career Navigator Tool.
- Login as a guest
- Select Human Resources from the Job Structure list.
- Click on different Job Titles to read general descriptions and requirements
- You can view pay ranges in the Job Profile Attributes tab at the bottom of the page.
- These are generic job descriptions only; responsibilities and requirements of actual job openings will vary by individual role.
- Current Job Openings: check the upper right corner to see whether any job openings for this title are currently available.