You may be surprised by all the different kinds of career opportunities at Cornell! Here's some guidance to help you map out areas of interest and find your favorite prospects.
Browse Job Spotlights
Check out these pages which feature current job openings in specific job families, like Administration or Information Technology. Read general descriptions of the types of work that can be found in these families, and how they're structured at Cornell. You may find an opportunity you hadn't considered before!
Athletics & Physical Education
Use Our Career Navigator Tool
The Career Navigator tool can give you an idea of the general requirements for different job titles, typical pay range, and whether there are current openings.
1. Login to Career Navigator as a guest.
2. Select a job family (i.e., "Information Technology")
3. Select a job title (i.e., Applications Programmer II).
- The Summary provides a generic description for the types of responsibilities typically found in this role. Responsibilities and details for actual job openings may vary.
- Scroll down for requirements for Education, Certifications, and Work Experience.
- Competencies are required skills for this role. Click on each competency to learn more about how they're defined at Cornell, ways to grow these skills, and a list of jobs that require that competency.
- Skills for Success are the fundamental skills expected of all Cornell employees. Take note of how you might leverage these skills in your cover letter or interviews!
- Job Profile Attributes: You'll find general pay ranges for this type of job here.
- Current Job Openings: check the upper right hand corner to see whether any job openings for this title are currently available.