Athletics & Physical Education
Big Red athletics is one of the most exciting parts of the Cornell experience!
Athletics & Physical Education at Cornell
Cornell University is a member of the Ivy League, with a long and illustrious history of excellence. Athletics & Physical Education are centrally organized, and include teams for baseball, basketball, cross country, equestrian, fencing, field hockey, football, golf, gymnastics, ice hockey, lacrosse, polo, rowing, soccer, sprint football, squash, swimming & diving, tennis, track & field, volleyball, and wrestling. There are also departments for compliance, outdoor education, recreation, sports nutrition, sports medicine, strength & conditioning, and student-athlete services.
Types of Jobs
Jobs in the Athletics & Physical Education family can involve recruiting prospective athletes, leading practices, directing team training and skills development, coaching student athletes, providing physical therapy and rehabilitation treatment, designing and implementing PE classes, and acting as a liaison with Ivy League and NCAA officers.
Learn more about specific Administrative roles at Cornell and the types of skills and experience required in our Career Navigator Tool.
- Login as a guest
- Select Athletics & Physical Education from the Job Structure list.
- Click on different Job Titles to read general descriptions and requirements
- You can view pay ranges in the Job Profile Attributes tab at the bottom of the page.
- These are generic job descriptions only; responsibilities and requirements of actual job openings will vary by individual role.
- Current Job Openings: check the upper right corner to see whether any job openings for this title are currently available.