Facilities & Safety Services
Maintaining one of the world's most beautiful academic settings.
Facilities & Safety Services at Cornell
FCS is one of the largest units at Cornell, with over 1,000 employees caring for more than 260 buildings on 2,300 acres of grounds. Departments include the Cornell University Police Dept., Energy and Sustainability, Engineering and Project Management, Facilities Management, Finance and Administration, Transportation and Delivery Services, and the Office of the University Architect. There are many opportunities to grow your career, from entry-level to supervisory positions.
Facilities and Campus Services
Types of Jobs
FCS encompasses a broad range of roles, working in every area of campus and beyond: custodian, grounds and building maintenance; biosafety, hazardous materials, industrial hygiene, lab and radiation safety, fire protection, police, landscape architect, engineer, project and facilities management, compliance, emergency management, and many more.
Learn more about specific Administrative roles at Cornell and the types of skills and experience required in our Career Navigator Tool.
- Login as a guest
- Select Facilities & Safety Services from the Job Structure list.
- Click on different Job Titles to read general descriptions and requirements
- You can view pay ranges in the Job Profile Attributes tab at the bottom of the page.
- These are generic job descriptions only; responsibilities and requirements of actual job openings will vary by individual role.
- Current Job Openings: check the upper right corner to see whether any job openings for this title are currently available.