Explore the Ithaca campus, visit Cornell's other campuses, and discover the many attractions to enjoy in the Finger Lakes!
Discover a wealth of culture, activities, and natural beauty right where you work.
How many workplaces can boast their own art museum or botanic gardens? Cornell's sprawling Ithaca campus is home to dramatic examples of historic gothic and bold modern architecture, breathtaking vistas of Cayuga Lake, tranquil woods and meadows, and spectacular gorges. Make a point to enjoy a lunchtime organ concert in Sage Chapel, or decompress with a stroll through the Arboretum after work.
Here are some places to get started:
- Places to Visit on Campus (pdf)
- Places to Visit in the Ithaca Area (pdf)
- Cornell Central Campus Architecture & History
- Cornell Store
- Cornell Cinema
- Johnson Museum of Art
- Botanic Gardens
- Hiking Trails on Campus
Tour the Finger Lakes and beyond for adventures in art, events, nature, sport, and dining.
The Finger Lakes region features an abundance of things to do in any season: shopping and city sightseeing; outdoor sports and activities; festivals and family attractions; winetasting, museums, and galleries; and miles of picturesque back roads.
- Liveinithaca.org: A hub of resources for new arrivals to the Ithaca area, including information about area housing, schools, community, and more.
- Visit Ithaca.com: Things to do, events, food & drink, and more.
- IthacaTrails.org: Comprehensive interactive map with all the details you need to enjoy Ithaca's natural beauty.
- VisitFingerLakes.com: Attractions for foodies, wellness seekers, outdoor adventurists, and cultural aficionados.
- FingerLakesWineCountry.com: Maps and information to explore the many wineries, cideries, breweries, distilleries, and dining in the Finger Lakes.
- FingerLakes.org: Interactive map of entire region and comprehensive events calendar
- VisitRochester.com: Plan a getaway to this busy city less than 2 hours drive from Ithaca, where you'll find events like the annual Lilac Festival and attractions such as the George Eastman Museum, concerts, theater, shopping, and dining.
- VisitBinghamton.org: Just an hour south of Ithaca, Binghamton is home to BBQ "Spiedies," "Twilight Zone's" Rod Serling, and historic carousels.
- VisitSyracuse.com: An hour north of Ithaca, Syracuse is popular for shopping at Destiny USA - New York states largest shopping, dining, and entertainment megaplex; as well as the New York State Fair, and loads of festivals, concerts, and sporting events.
- CorningFingerLakes.com: Just under an hour from Ithaca, the Corning Museum of Glass is a must-see attraction; this website also features fun trip planning suggestions in the area.
- DiscoverTheErieCanal.com: Boat, bike, hike, or drive your adventure to explore this scenic piece of American history.
- Lake Ontario Parks & Recreation Areas: Plan a beach getaway!
- Cooperstown: Baseball fan? Make sure to take a drive out to Cooperstown, home to the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum.
- Greek Peak: Year-round fun is less than an hour away -- downhill and cross country skiing, sledding, waterpark, and spa.
- Darien Lake: Family camping and amusement park, plus concerts and other events, just 2.5 hours from Ithaca.
NYC and Beyond
About Cornell Locations: general information about locations of Cornell programs, including Ithaca, NYC, Doha Qatar, Geneva NY, Washington DC, and Rome Italy.
NEW YORK CITY
Cornell in NYC Website: This website features ways Cornell is impacting NYC, an interactive story map, and spotlights on Cornellians in New York City.
- Weill Cornell Medicine: One of the top-ranked clinical and medical research centers in the country, founded in 1898.
- Cornell Tech: Graduate education and research for the digital age; integrating technology, business, law and design in service of economic impact and societal good.
Also See: Cornell in NYC (pdf): handout detailing Cornell programs in New York City
Getting to New York City
- NYC-Ithaca Bus: Cornell's Campus-to-Campus Bus Service
- Cornell Recreation Connection: offers discounted day trips several times per year
- Swarthout Motor Coaches: NYC day trips and other area tours
- Big Red Bullet: daily motorcoach service Ithaca-NYC
- Shortline Coach USA: daily motorcoach service for Ithaca, NYC, and other regional destinations.
- Greyhound bus: daily motorcoach service from Ithaca to NYC and other destinations.