Resources to help you get set up in your new role.
Visit IT.cornell.edu for support and information.
The Staff IT Resources page is a good place to get started!
- Phones: how to set up voicemail, put a call on hold, transfer a call, and other tasks
- Email: how to set up and use your email account
- Zoom: web and video conferencing service
- Wi-Fi: how to get connected to wireless networks on campus
- Two-Step Login: set up and manage secure authentication (necessary to access Workday)
- LastPass: secure password management service
- Instant Messaging using Microsoft Teams
- Box: Share files and collaborate on documents
- NetID: info about using and managing your NetID and password
- Support: Contacts and helpful articles.
Contact the Division of Financial Affairs for questions about:
- direct deposit
- payroll deductions
- tax withholding
- Foreign national questionnaire
Workday is where employees manage personal data and HR functions, timekeeping and time off requests, as well as innovative tools for networking and career-building.
Workday How-To Guides for New Employees:
- Entering time worked for hourly employees
- Requesting time off
- Direct deposit for payroll
- W2 and tax witholdings
Parking & Transporation
Visit Parking & Transportation for help with:
Cornell News & Media
- CUInfo: Consider making this your browser home page - you'll find a convenient roundup of events, news, and information curated for Cornell staff and faculty, plus campus alerts, resources, and tools.
- Cornell Events Calendar: Make sure you know about the events that matter to you! Go to events.cornell.edu and click the "Create your own custom weekly events email" link. Make sure to choose "Division of Human Resources" and include "employee" and "staff" in the search terms to ensure you receive notifications about workshops and events for Cornell staff members.
- Cornell Chronicle: Official news of Cornell University, with filters such as "Staff News," "New York City," "Photos of the Day," and the "Chronicle Blog Essentials."
- Working@Cornell Facebook: Follow us on Facebook for staff announcements, career tips, employee profiles, and more.
- Cornell University Facebook: Stay up to date with university-wide announcements, insights, and beautiful photography.
- Faculty & Staff News: Weekly email newsletter sent to all Cornell employees.
- CornellCast: Browse a library of thousands of videos that cover lectures, events, interviews, performances, even cooking demos and recipes!
- Directory - Contact Information: print out this handy list of useful contacts.
- Campus Mail & Courier Services
- Where to Eat
- MealChoice plan for faculty and staff
Ergonomic assessment: Work with your supervisor and the Musculoskeletal Injury Prevention Program to ensure that your workspace supports your wellbeing.
- CornellSpeak: a guide to common Cornell acronyms
- Disability Accommodations & Resources
- CUInfo: a handy website to start the day, featuring useful university links, Cornell news and weather, alerts, and people search.
- Staff Holidays: list of staff days off
- Weather Conditions: Will you need an umbrella, boots, mittens, or sunglasses today... or all of the above?