A step-by-step guide to filling vacant positions.
- Unit Needs: Assess the current needs and goals of the unit and revise the position description if appropriate.
- Organizational Needs: Determine the needs of the organization and work team and review any changes in the nature of the unit’s work or the workflow.
- Position Responsibilities: Design the position’s responsibilities and tasks to meet organizational needs and develop the position description.
- University Title, Pay Band, and Compensation: Consult with your local HR representative to ensure that the position's University title and band level are appropriate. See Classifying Positions, Salaries and Titles for more information on job classification and pay determinations.
- Authorization: Follow your local unit guidelines to obtain required hiring authorization.
Next – Recruiting
Print as PDF