People Learn Best Through Doing
An exciting new tool is coming to Workday to connect Cornell employees with hands-on development opportunities by matching skills and interests across the university!
How The Talent Marketplace Works
Development opportunities are posted in Workday as "Gigs."
What is a gig?
- a great way to energize your career, expand your skills, and meet new people
- short-term, defined projects that support on-the-job experiences
- can be posted by supervisors as well as employees
- help your team find expertise and help with special projects
- an opportunity to practice coaching and supervisory skills
Gigs aren't full or part-time jobs, shouldn't interfere with your regular job, and aren't compensated beyond your regular pay (similar to classroom training).
Check out this brief Talent Marketplace intro video and watch for the Talent Marketplace icon coming to Workday December 2, 2019.
More details coming soon!
Print as PDF