Providing recreational events for the Cornell community
The CRC's mission is to encourage camaraderie and the Cornell spirit among members of the community - staff, faculty, and retirees - by providing social experiences and recreational events.
New York City Day Trips
CRC offers discounted day trips to New York City each month through Swarthout Coaches. Round trip bus fare is just $54 per person for Cornell employees and their guests.
Contact Swarthout Coaches directly to make a reservation. You will need to provide your Cornell NetID and payment at time of reservation. Seats are assigned and filled from front to back of the bus as payment is received. You will receive confirmation by email, which will also be your boarding pass for the trip – please be sure to bring a printout of the confirmation email on the day of travel.
2017 Calendar for NYC Trips:
- May 13
- September 9
- November 11
- December 9
Itinerary for “Day on Your Own in NYC” trips
- 6:30 a.m. bus leaves Cornell’s B-Lot (you must have your boarding pass to board the bus)
- 11:30 a.m. bus arrives NYC with drop offs at Bryant Park and Macys (34th Street and 7th Ave)
- You will spend the day on your own in the city
- The bus leaves from Bryant Park ONLY at 8:00 p.m. sharp returning to Cornell at 12:30 a.m.
The CRC Park pavilion is available for rental for department or private functions. The departmental rental fee for 2017 is $290, private use ($300). Private use must be hosted by a Cornell employee.
- Please inquire for a discounted rate for groups of 50 or less.
- The pavilion seats up to 130 people and offers a walk-in refrigerator. We are introducing some additional “porch” chair seating at the park this year for those who may not be comfortable in a folding chair all day.
- Next to the pavilion is a large covered area for barbequing. There are also restrooms adjacent to the pavilion. Plenty of room outdoors provides space for games or a tent for additional seating.
Get Involved with CRC
There are two ways to get involved with the Cornell Recreation Connection:
Print as PDF