Providing care for a loved one can add pressure to an already demanding university career and family life. Cornell provides a work/life consultant service to staff, faculty, students and retirees. The consultant can help with locating adult/elder care resources in the community, and assist caregivers who are providing care from a distance. Contact consultant Diane Bradac in Work/Life, 607-255-1917 or email@example.com.
- Caregiver Support & Education Network (CSEN): Monthly meetings to learn and share strategies and tools for coping with stress, caregiver guilt and burnout, as well as information on local and national resources. Contact Diane Bradac for more details.
- Elder/Adult Care Newsletter: Monthly newsletter to learn about on and off campus activities, events, services, and articles of interest to Cornell faculty, staff, students, and retirees regarding elder/adult care and caregiving.
- Elder Care E-List (type “join” in the subject): Receive and send emails that connect you with other caregivers and local resources.
- Family Helper List: List of Cornell students and staff available for companionship, running errands, housekeeping, and other help.
- Healthy Aging: Fitness & wellness classes designed for every size, shape, age, and ability; great for individuals who have had joint replacement, suffer from arthritis, want to improve balance, etc.
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Account: This benefit helps you reduce your out-of-pocket expenses by taking advantage of a federal law that gives you an immediate tax break when paying for dependent care services covered under the program.
- Faculty Dependent Care Travel Fund: Offers tenure track and tenured faculty up to $1,000 ($1,500 for dependent children with special needs) per academic year in direct expenses for dependent-care expenses incurred while traveling to attend professional meetings, conferences, workshops and professional development opportunities.
- Long Term Care Insurance: Benefit designed to cover costs associated with extended long term care due to a chronic disease or long-lasting disability.
- Travel Assistance to NYC for Medical and Other Emergencies: The Emergency CARE Fund provides round-trip bus tickets on the Campus-to-Campus Bus to current employees.
Print as PDF