Please familiarize yourself with Cornell's COVID protocols.
Employees are expected to act honestly and ethically, and to observe required health and safety measures in all workplace settings, including masking and physical distancing, which varies based upon vaccination status.
Cornell COVID-19 Protocols Overview
All employees, working on the Cornell campus, even if only occasionally, are required to adhere to all CDC, NYS, local health department, and Cornell University orders, guidelines, policies and procedures at all times. Failure to adhere to all required orders, guidelines, policies and procedures may lead to disciplinary action, and/or loss of privileges, including access to campus buildings and resources.
Requirements for on-campus presence
- Training: All employees working on campus are required to complete EHS 2019 - Return to Campus Health and Safety Training COVID-19. When you are registered to return to campus the course will automatically be assigned in CULearn. Faculty and staff are expected to complete the course prior to returning to or on their first day of in-person work on campus. To take a refresher of the course, go to the ME tab in CULearn and “relaunch” the program.
- Self-monitoring: Employees are no longer required to complete a Daily Check health assessment each day before arriving on campus. Note: Employees working at Cornell Health and patients visiting Cornell Health are required to complete the Daily Check. Each employee contributes to the health and well-being of our campus so if you are ill, do not come to campus. Instead, take steps to seek care with your primary care physician.
- Testing: All employees who are not fully vaccinated and are coming to campus or another Cornell work location in Ithaca, Geneva or Tompkins County are required to participate in Cornell’s surveillance testing program.
- Proof of vaccination: All employees are required to provide COVID-19 Proof of Vaccination Process through the Daily Check once fully vaccinated (e.g., an image of your CDC vaccination card).
- Wearing a face covering: Cornell requires unvaccinated persons to wear a mask when inside buildings unless in a private office alone and to wear a mask when outdoors in groups when not physically distanced.
- Maintaining physical distance: In addition to face masks, unvaccinated employees are required to physical distance when inside.
Please contact your college/unit HR Representative.
Print as PDF