Connect with colleagues across the Cornell community. Networking can strengthen both your professional and personal experiences at Cornell. Here are ways to meet others, connect with colleagues, volunteer, and more.
The Division of Human Resources administers electronic mailing lists (e-lists) on a variety of topics, including: parenting (including the school closing list), adult caregiving, support groups, workshops, and news and updates. Topic list & subscription info
Workday Professional Profile
Similar to LinkedIn, you can create an online professional profile in Workday tailored just for the Cornell community. Enter professional information such as work experience, education, skills, and certifications, or import and modify an existing LinkedIn profile. How to Add or Update Your Professional Profile (pdf) instructions.
Yammer is a social network integrated with Cornell's Office 365 and SharePoint Online services. Find and create groups, ask for help, share knowledge, follow topics that interest you and join conversations. There are hundreds of groups to choose from. More about Yammer at Cornell
Follow the University’s official social sites to stay up to date with all the latest news and conversations. A few are listed below; be sure to take a moment to search for individual colleges and units -- there are hundreds of Cornell-related social media opportunities, including sports teams, clubs, associations, professors, publications, leaders, and more.
Colleague Network Groups
The Cornell University Colleague Network Groups (CNGs) are university sponsored employee resource groups for traditionally underrepresented minorities and allies of those groups.
Find out more about the CNGs, then to join, contact Cassandre Joseph, (607) 255-3976
- Disability Colleague Network Group
- LGBT Colleague Network Group
- Men of Color Colleague Network
- Veteran's Colleague Network Group
- Women of Color Colleague Network Group
- Tompkins Connect: Young Professionals Colleague Network Group
Networking and Activities
- Cornell Events Calendar: Stay up to date with events around campus for faculty and staff.
- Cornell Recreation Connection: CRC encourages camaraderie and the Cornell spirit among staff, faculty, retirees and graduate students by providing social experiences through recreational events.
- Cornell Campus Club: Women’s organization of the Cornell community, open to women of the Cornell community and/or the Ithaca area interested in activities and social events.
- Cornell Events Calendar: The definitive online guide to everything happening at Cornell, including lectures, performances, cinema, bake sales, and more.
- Cornell Green Ambassadors: Leadership program design to empower, equip, and engage staff and faculty as peer educators to facilitate a culture of environmental, economic and social sustainability within their own workgroups.
- Cornell Retirees Association: Networking and service group open to Cornell retirees and their spouses/partners.
- Local Activities: A Cornell website featuring things to do, places to go, maps, and more for visitors to campus and the Ithaca area.
- President’s Sustainable Campus Committee People Team: Networking group of staff, faculty and students interesting in sustainability engagement and outreach to further Cornell’s campus sustainability goals.
- Support for Diverse Communities: Links to resources supporting Cornell’s diverse communities, including communities of color, abilities, LGBT, military, religion, and women.
- University Committees: University Assemblies and committees.
Print as PDF