Providing recreational events for the Cornell community
The CRC's mission is to encourage camaraderie and the Cornell spirit among members of the community - staff, faculty, and retirees - by providing social experiences and recreational events.
New York City Day Trips
CRC offers discounted day trips to New York City each month through Swarthout Coaches. Round trip bus fare is just $54 per person for Cornell employees and their guests.
Contact Swarthout Coaches directly to make a reservation. You will need to provide your Cornell NetID and payment at time of reservation. Seats are assigned and filled from front to back of the bus as payment is received. You will receive confirmation by email, which will also be your boarding pass for the trip – please be sure to bring a printout of the confirmation email on the day of travel.
- May 11
- August 10
- September 7
- November 9
- December 7
- December 14
Itinerary for “Day on Your Own in NYC” trips
Please be aware the itinerary has changed for all 2019 trips. All NYC trips will be express – no stops will be made.
- 6:00am Bus loads at Cornell B Lot corner closest to Caldwell Rd
- 6:15am Bus departs for NYC – (you must have your boarding pass to board the bus)
- This is an express trip, no stops will be made.
- 10:45am Bus arrives and drops off guests at Macy’s on 34th st (between 6th & 7th ave)
- Spend the day on your own in the city
- 8:30pm Bus picks up guests from Macy’s on 34th st (between 6th & 7th ave) and departs for Cornell University
- 1:00am Return to Cornell B Lot
Should Swarthout Tours cancel a trip due to a lack of reservations your money will be promptly returned. Swarthout Tours is not responsible for the cost of any tickets you may have purchased to concerts or shows that you may miss in New York City in the event of trip cancellation.
The CRC Park pavilion is available for rental for department or private functions. The departmental rental fee for 2017 is $290, private use ($300). Private use must be hosted by a Cornell employee.
- Please inquire for a discounted rate for groups of 50 or less.
- The pavilion seats up to 130 people and offers a walk-in refrigerator. We are introducing some additional “porch” chair seating at the park this year for those who may not be comfortable in a folding chair all day.
- Next to the pavilion is a large covered area for barbequing. There are also restrooms adjacent to the pavilion. Plenty of room outdoors provides space for games or a tent for additional seating.
Get Involved with CRC
There are two ways to get involved with the Cornell Recreation Connection:
Print as PDF