Providing recreational events for the Cornell community
The CRC's mission is to encourage camaraderie and the Cornell spirit among members of the community - staff, faculty, and retirees - by providing social experiences and recreational events.
New York City Day Trips
CRC offers discounted day trips to New York City each month through Swarthout Coaches. Round trip bus fare is just $54 per person for Cornell employees and their guests.
Contact Swarthout Coaches directly to make a reservation. You will need to provide your Cornell NetID and payment at time of reservation. Seats are assigned and filled from front to back of the bus as payment is received. You will receive confirmation by email, which will also be your boarding pass for the trip – please be sure to bring a printout of the confirmation email on the day of travel.
- May 11
- August 10
- September 7
- November 9
- December 7
- December 14
Itinerary for “Day on Your Own in NYC” trips
Please be aware the itinerary has changed for all 2019 trips.
- 6:00am Bus loads at Cornell B Lot corner closest to Caldwell Rd
- 6:15am Bus departs for NYC – (you must have your boarding pass to board the bus)
- This is an express trip, no stops will be made.
- 10:45am Bus arrives and drops off guests at Bryant Park
- Spend the day on your own in the city
- 8:30pm Bus picks up guests from Bryant Park and departs for Cornell University
- 1:00am Return to Cornell B Lot
Should Swarthout Tours cancel a trip due to a lack of reservations your money will be promptly returned. Swarthout Tours is not responsible for the cost of any tickets you may have purchased to concerts or shows that you may miss in New York City in the event of trip cancellation.
Get Involved with CRC
There are two ways to get involved with the Cornell Recreation Connection:
Looking for information about renting CRC Park? Contact Conference & Event Services at the Division of Student and Campus Life: 607-255-5368
Print as PDF