Tips for a successful nomination
Before submitting, utilize the Submission Checklist to ensure your nomination is the best it can be.
- Did you consider Skills For Success in your nomination?
- Does your nomination address all of the criteria in the category description? You can also check out the review rubric.
- Is your nomination within the character limit (3,000 character limitation including spaces and punctuation) and submitted through the system?
- Was your nomination thoughtful and persuasive?
- Did you consider utilizing Core Values as part of your submission?
Additional Tips to consider:
- Get a second opinion – have someone review your nomination before submitting
- Trouble getting started? Access our nomination editor to help you organize your thoughts, edit drafts, and proofread final version before submitting
- Remember: the system allows 3,000 characters, not words (including punctuation, spacing etc) which is almost a full page in Word. We recommend writing your nomination in Word then pasting it into the nomination form.
- Many prior year awardees had nominations well under the character limit.
- Make sure you save a Word document of your final draft before submitting your nomination. This allows you to share it with the nominee if you wish, or use it in a performance dialogue if the nominee is your employee.
- Re-nominating? If you would like to re-nominate someone for an award, we highly recommended you go through the submission checklist before submitting.
Are you having trouble submitting the form due to an eligibilty error message? Here's a tip:
- Enter the nominee's netID only (Example: sjm18)
- Hit enter
- The nominee's information should auto-populate
- Still having trouble? Visit our FAQ page to review eligibilty for the program. Still have questions? Contact us at email@example.com
Print as PDF