Help our students and employees return safely to campus. Cornell employees can apply in Workday for a variety of gig opportunities.
Remote position once trained
Student Disability Services is looking for staff to assist with administrative tasks needed to support students who need temporary academic accommodations, which will include students who are diagnosed with COVID or placed in quarantine or isolation. This work requires close attention to detail and involves providing notification to faculty members of appropriate academic accommodations for students. Excellent opportunity to gain entry level experience into student services. Training will be provided. (Hiring up to three, 20+ hour a week coordinators, will begin immediately and continue through fall semester and possibly into the spring, includes funding e.g. SDS will cover your salary while working for SDS, can be done remotely after training)
Apply for gig: https://www.myworkday.com/cornell/d/app/manage-gigs/ca1cb23c320001588140ac145c014e4e/view.htmld
(A full-time, immediate need, that is funded, must work on campus, not remotely)
- Position supports Facility Managers in the Residential Buildings throughout North, South, and West Campus including Graduate Housing at Hasbrouck Apartments
- Assisting with routine facility maintenance and compliance needs as well as contributing to long term facilities planning needs
- Actively participates in workflow management in Maximo work order system to report and track on facility needs
- Should have a variety of basic technical understanding of facilities and construction (HVAC, plumbing, envelope, etc).
- Will be expected to take on small generally single trade projects and coordinate to a successful completion.
- Continuous learning of new skills and technical functions
- Ability to make complex facility issues easy for customers to understand
- Excellent communication skills both customer facing and internally
- Team oriented approach to challenging circumstances or complicated scenarios.
- Management of multiple priorities at once
- Sound judgement, and positive attitude a must!
Apply for Gig: https://www.myworkday.com/cornell/d/app/opportunitymarketplace/gigs/1457541ad9fb01dfd02581c153015df1/view.htmld
(Hiring 5-10 instructors, starts 8/20/20 and continues for approximately 8 weeks, numerous sections per week available but must be available between Wednesdays – Sunday. Requires an 11-15 hour weekly commitment of time.)
Specific training on Cornell Sailing Center Instruction provided. Experience and willingness to learn required.
Overview - Must be friendly, courteous, and willing to learn the rules, regulations, and operations of the Sailing Center. Instructors must be enthusiastic about the sport of sailing, familiar with sailing etiquette and use correct vocabulary and seek to expose students to the fundamentals of sailing.
- Previous sailing experience and knowledge of both dinghies and keel boats.
- Must be able to operate small motor boat and if 27 years old or younger, must have NYS motor boat safety certificate.
- Possess or willing to gain Red Cross and CPR certification?
- Must have a passion for sailing, the environment and working with college students.
- Must have a positive, enthusiastic and flexible attitude.
- Must possess strong problem solving skills and an ability to adapt to changing program needs depending on weather, number of students, number of boats, etc.
- Teach safety, boat handling and sailing theory to college students in dinghies and keelboats who are beginning sailors.
- Follow lesson plans that include dry land and on-the-water drills and inclement weather activities.
- Empathy for the students and ability to adapt to their individual needs.
- Responsible for notifying students of any changes in class times, postponement due to weather conditions and make-up dates. Accurate records of attendance, injuries and boat damage is required.
- Other duties include care and maintenance of boats and the facility. On occasion, you will be required to fulfill other duties in providing general Sailing Center operations and on-shore assistance to users and sailing instructors, monitor users on the water and provide on-the-water assistance and/or rescue as situations dictate.
Apply for Gig: https://www.myworkday.com/cornell/d/app/opportunitymarketplace/gigs/7169f2a006f901a2d2cae71d58010a0a/view.htmld
(Must hire 5-10, in late August, for approximately 5-10 hours a week, for more than 4 weeks, must work at the golf course, not remotely.)
Ranger - outside work
- Must have good interpersonal skill and communicate well with others.
- Comfortable directing people as to what is needed when they aren't in compliance with Covid19 guidelines as well as golf course rules with pace of play.
- Also must have some golf course knowledge on the etiquette of the game.
Cart / Range Attendant - outside work
- Good at multitasking
- Must be able to get around well on their feet and lift objects that are 20-30lbs off the ground.
- Also need to have good interpersonal skills and communicate well with others.
Apply for Gig: https://www.myworkday.com/cornell/d/app/opportunitymarketplace/gigs/1457541ad9fb017a568b8d7658015f07/view.htmld
- Option 1 - 5:30am to 9:30am (available 7 days a week) – 14 positions available
Requires use of various machinery to maintain the golf course, including: rolling and mowing the greens, trimming grass, digging and shoveling, and other miscellaneous tasks related to caring for the golf course. Physical Requirements - Must be able to lift 25 lbs. May require walking for most of the shift. Digging, standing stooping, sitting are all possible for long periods as well.
- Option 2 - 10:00am to 2:00pm (available 7 days a week) – 2 positions available
In addition to some miscellaneous tasks related to caring for the golf course, this opportunity includes cleaning of equipment and assisting with shop and equipment care.
- Option 3 - 10:00am to 2:00pm (available 7 days a week) – 15 positions available
This work consists of general golf course care, including: weeding, digging and raking, filling divots, watering, measuring and marking of areas on the course, blowing leaves and other debris, and checking moisture levels. Most of this work is done by hand, but may require some small tools or use of a gator utility vehicle or golf cart. Physical Requirements - Requires long periods of standing, kneeling, stooping, and walking. Must be able to lift 10 lbs. In addition to the shifts outlined in the options above, the Robert Trent Jones Golf Course can also accommodate a 4:00 pm to 8:00 pm schedule for the work duties listed in Options 2 & 3, if that better suits your needs.
Apply for Gig: https://www.myworkday.com/cornell/d/app/opportunitymarketplace/gigs/cf5515c0e1960112888edb2d59019d0f/view.htmld
(2 opportunities, :4515
As The Cornell Store plans for re-opening we are in search of friendly and energetic individuals who will greet and count in customers at the entrances, make sure that everyone entering is wearing a mask/face covering, and who will implement our sanitation and hygiene standards to keep our customers and staff safe as we navigate through the COVID-19 pandemic. Attention to detail, sanitation skills, ability to work independently, customer service, verbal communication skills.
Apply for Gig: https://www.myworkday.com/cornell/d/app/managegigs/1457541ad9fb01af81ac34cc5301fdf2/view.htmld
(1 opportunity, Monday – Friday, 12pm-4:15pm, begins immediately through Labor Day with possibility of extension.)
The Cornell Store is in search of dependable individuals with crowd control or security experience preferred. This person will monitor the sales floor during store operating hours making sure that customers are following safety standards and University guidelines regarding COVID-19. Strong Customer Service, ability to work independently, strong verbal communication.
Apply for Gig:
(2 opportunities Monday – Friday, 12pm-4:15pm, begins immediately through Labor Day with possibility of extension.)
The Cornell Store is in search of dependable and motivated individuals to join our team of energetic and creative people who offer amazing service as they assist customers with selections and merchandise product as it arrives. Keeping your safety and the safety of our customers in mind during the COVID-19 pandemic, we have installed plexiglass barriers at our point of sale and offer PPE for personal use while working. We value your: ability to make a great positive long lasting first impression, excellent interpersonal skills with both customers and associates, pleasant personality and energy, good communication skills, strong customer service skills and selling techniques, capacity to exercise independent responsibility, quick learning ability and proficiency in Point of Sale Functions. Training is provided.
Apply for Gig: https://www.myworkday.com/cornell/d/app/managegigs/cf5515c0e196013081f6dd7c540133fd/view.htmld