Do you need to change coverage for your spouse, partner, or dependent children? You have two choices:
1. You can add dependents to your coverage for any reason during open enrollment.
2. You can remove dependents from your coverage for any reason during open enrollment.
Throughout the year, you can only add or remove dependents following a qualified life status change.
You may enroll the following dependents:
Who is considered a dependent child?
To be eligible, a dependent child must be under age 26, and be one of the following:
- Your legally adopted child
- Your biological child
- Your step child
- Your domestic partner’s child
- A child for whom you are responsible under a court order*
- Your grandchild in your court ordered custody*
- Any other child who lives with you in a parent-child relationship.*
- Other children who are chiefly dependent on you and for whom you have assumed legal responsibility in place of the parent also are eligible.*
Note: Children marked with an * above, require completion of a Special Dependent Form .
To enroll dependents in health, dental, and/or vision insurance, you must first complete the enrollment process online in Workday. Please refer to the Workday Enrollment Decision Guide for screen-by-screen instructions of how to first add a dependent to Workday (if they are not yet there) and how to add that dependent to health, dental, and/or vision coverage on the health screen. You might also find it helpful to first complete the Dependent Worksheet page in the Guide – including all information about the dependent(s) you are adding – PRIOR to accessing Workday to process the change.
To remove dependents from health and/or dental insurance, you must first complete the enrollment process online in Workday. Please refer to the Workday Enrollment Decision Guide for screen-by-screen instructions of how to remove a dependent from existing health and/or dental coverage on the health screen.
In addition to completing the applicable endowed health, dental, and/or vision plan enrollment in Workday (or enrollment form(s) if applicable), you must provide documents to support your dependent’s eligibility for coverage. Specific documentation is outlined here.
Open Enrollment for 2020: November 1 - December 2, 2019
We encourage you to use the Workday Decision Enrollment Guide before going into Workday.
Print as PDF