Job Based Eligibility
If you believe that you are eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine under job-based criteria established through the New York State COVID-19 vaccination program and you are approved to work on campus you will need to show evidence of your eligibility.
To obtain the required documentation, use the Cornell University COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility Attestation Tool. Only active employees are eligible to access this tool. All others should contact the COVID Support Team.
Vaccine Eligibility Attestation Tool
Supply vs. Demand
Demand for the vaccine among populations that have been deemed eligible to receive it far exceeds supply. It is our hope that vaccination supplies in our region will soon be in such abundance as to allow all eligible individuals to receive it, and for more of our community to be deemed eligible. However, this will take ongoing patience as the vaccination program continues to roll out.
How To Get Vaccinated
Please be aware that due to the volume of inquiries, the COVID-19 vaccination scheduling websites are experiencing delays and periods of time where they are not available.
SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT
Employees may go to any vaccination site that has available appointments. Scheduling approaches vary by site, by county and by state.
- To schedule an appointment at the Old Sears store side entrance behind Best Buy at the Ithaca Mall, 40 Catherwood Dr., please use this link.
- To schedule an appointment at other vaccination sites in New York State by region, go to
- To schedule an appointment at other vaccination sites in New York State by region, What you Need to Know New York State Vaccine site.
- If residing outside of NYS, go to your local Health Department website to learn more.
COMPLETE THE NYS COVID-19 VACCINE FORM
- Prior to receiving the vaccination, you must complete the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine Form.
- This form can be completed online and you will receive a submission ID, or you can fill out the form at your vaccination site.
- You must have an appointment scheduled prior to completing the NYS COVID-19 Vaccine Form
BRING DOCUMENTATION TO YOUR APPOINTMENT
- Government-issued photo ID
- Insurance card (there is no co-pay and no charge if you do not have medical insurance; however, insurance is being billed if you have it)
- Proof of eligibility to be vaccinated in the current phase
- Work ID badge
- Documentation from your employer identifying your eligibility. Bring the documentation (print or electronic) that shows Cornell has determined you to be eligible in this phase.
If you do not meet the current phase eligibility
New York state is making the determination about the phased distribution of vaccine, and our understanding of the vaccination phases and distribution continues to evolve as new information becomes available from the state and the Tompkins County Health Department (TCHD).
We will do our best to keep the campus community updated on New York state’s progress via email and on the Cornell COVID-19 website; however, we encourage you to visit the Tompkins County Department of Health for the timeliest information. Members of the public can sign up for email updates from the Tompkins County Health Department here.
FAQs about vaccination at Cornell are available on the covid.cornell.edu website.
For more information, please access information on the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine What You Need to Know website and/or the Tompkins County Health Department website.
You may submit questions to the Daily Check help desk by clicking here. Direct personal health-related questions to your primary care doctor or medical provider.
Print as PDF