Divorce or Domestic Partner Separation

If you are getting a divorce or dissolving a domestic partnership, you’ll need to update your benefits within a prescribed length of time. Read the Benefit Aids below for details, and contact Benefit Services at 607-255-3936 with any questions.

You may also choose to contact the Faculty and Staff Assistance Program (FSAP) at 607-255-2673. FSAP's professional staff offers free and confidential guidance and support to benefits-eligible employees and their partners to address issues that may be affecting their personal lives.

Benefits Checklist

Review the pertinent Benefits Aid:


  • Review your benefits options
  • Enroll or change coverage in Workday or directly through the provider, depending on the benefit
  • Change your beneficiary information; contact vendors directly
  • Questions? Contact Benefit Services at 607-255-3936