Endowed Qualifying Events

Contact HR Services and Transitions Center, 395 Pine Tree Road, East Hill Office Building, Suite 110 via telephone at (607) 255-3936 or via email at  hrservices@cornell.edu within 60 days of the date of the qualifying event to determine if you can or should change your benefit enrollments.

  • Initial hire
  • Marriage or domestic partnership
  • Divorce or dissolution of domestic partnership
  • Birth, adoption or legal custody of a child
  • Child graduates from high school or college (applies to life and personal accident insurance)
  • Reduction in time below 20 hours or 50% time
  • Leave of absence without pay
  • Loss of coverage
  • Retirement or termination of employment
  • Transfer from contract college to endowed or vice versa
  • Death of a dependent
  • Annual Open Enrollment allows a change in certain benefit enrollments without a qualifying event or work status change