Federal and state posters are required to be displayed in all Cornell workplaces.
Posters must be displayed in a conspicuous place where other notifications of workplace rights and employer rules and policies are posted so that employees can readily find and read them at wheelchair height.
These posters provide important information regarding your rights under federal and New York State law. If you have questions, please contact the office of Staff and Labor Relations.
The posters may be downloaded in printable sets by clicking on these links:
Federal Posting Requirements
Note: Be sure to check the "Posters that may be required" heading below for work or funding specific posters.
Letter Size Posters
The following posters should be printed on 8½ x 11 inch paper.
- Federal Minimum Wage: The Federal minimum wage is $7.25 per hour.
- Notification Of Employee Rights Under Federal Labor Laws The poster is also available in Spanish, French, Cantonese, Mandarin Chinese, Hmong, Laotian, Vietnamese and Somali. This poster can be printed as 8½x11 in two pages or as 8½x17.
- Employee Rights under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) (pdf). A Spanish version (pdf) is available.
- Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) (pdf) :
- This poster is to be posted with the EEO Supplement and Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
- Uniformed Services Employment and Re-employment Act (USERRA) (pdf)
Posters That May Be Required
Construction Contracts/ Public Works
Applicants for Employment and Employees working on Federal Contract with E-Verify Clause
E-Verify (pdf), Right to Work poster (pdf) and Right to Work Spanish version (pdf).
Recipients of U.S. Department of Agriculture (“USDA”) Funding
Units employing Minors
National Aeronautic and Space Administration (“NASA”) Funding
NASA-funded Programs and Activities: If your program or activity receives NASA funding, you are required to:
- Provide individualized copies of the poster and brochures (see links below) to the deans, chairs, and faculty receiving funding from NASA, especially principle investigators on NASA grants
- Place printed copies of the poster and the brochures in the common areas in program buildings for those programs and activities receiving NASA funding so that beneficiaries may learn more about their rights to equal opportunity in STEM programs
- Ensure that the links to the poster and brochure are placed on the websites for the programs and activities receiving NASA funding
New York State Posters
New York State Posters
- New York State Minimum Wage Poster (pdf)
- New York State Unemployment Insurance Poster (pdf)
- New York State Worker's Compensation Notice of Compliance Poster (pdf)
- New York State Disability Benefits Rights Notice :
- New York State Paid Family Leave Notice (pdf)
- New York State Human Rights Commission Poster (pdf)
- New York State Corrections Law, Article 23-A (pdf): Effective February 1, 2009, employers must post a copy of Article 23-A of the correction law relating to the employment of persons with a criminal conviction. The posting must be visually conspicuous in a location accessible to workers.
- Sufficient Time to Vote: (pdf): New York requires Voting Time Poster (pdf) be posted 10 days prior to state and national elections so employees are aware that they are entitled to sufficient time off to vote. For additional information, please see HR policy 6.9 Time Away From Work: Voting Time.
- Whistleblower Protection Poster (pdf)
- Information Technology & Communications Resources (pdf)
Note: Employees represented by a collective bargaining agent should consult their contract for applicable pay practices and release time provisions